CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 18, 2011

This Girl is Different by J.J. Johnson

This Girl Is Different    Release Date: April 1st, 2011
Publisher: Peachtree Publishers
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 320
__________

Evensong Sparkling Morningdew (she prefers to be called Evie, if you know what I mean,) has been homeschooled her whole life, and with senior year coming around the corner, she decides to spend her last year at high school, where she'll do a little bit of pop culture research (and maybe experience some "normal girl" tendencies, like attendance and mean girls and falling in love.) The thing is, when Evie gets there, things aren't as great as they're cracked up to be, but who,if not an eccentric homeschooler, can turn its system around and bring justice if not Evie? All goes well until the revolution starts to kick back, and Evie has to confront her worst fear-is this girl really different?    I LOVED this book! Evie is the most sassy and loveable character I have ever seen come to life in a book's pages, and her spunk and butt-kicking abilities, as well as her love for literature and philosophical quotes, makes you want to cheer for her through the good and the bad. She may make mistakes, but boy, does she figure out good ways to battle them! The romance was subtle, but very cute and very funny-who knew that Evie had a match out there? It all came down to the page-turning plot; it was hours before I realized I had been sitting in the same place as when I had started, but Johnson's action driven plot wanted me to read more! I can't wait to see other work by the author of This Girl is Different, and let me say this: everyone will delight in J.J. Johnson's debut novel, and I guarrentee that Evie's journey is a fun, but different one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Appropriate comments, don't reveal your private information, etc., etc.! You know the drill. Thanks. :)

The KAJA