CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 27, 2012

Nevermore (Maximum Ride #8) by James Patterson

Release Date: August 6th, 2012
Publisher: Little Brown and Company
Pages: 368
Age Group: 13-17 (Young Adult)
Recommended For: Fans of the previous Maximum Ride Books, The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore (I Am Number Four)
Rating: One Star

One last chance...

For Max, Fang, Angel, Iggy, Nudge, and Gazzy.Before it all ends.
Are you ready for the final chapter? Are you ready for the ultimate flight? Because THIS IS IT. One last incredible, explosive adventure with an astonishing ending that no one could have seen coming. -Summary from GoodReads


I barely have the heart to rate this one star, never mind write a review. One thing I really have to get out-there are just so many times before you can resurrect a character before the whole plot just turns into a whole "Oh, she's dead, but I know she's going to pop up again, so I'm not gonna cry-" plop of soup. 


In short, I HATED THIS BOOK. The plot, no surprise, seemed exactly the same as the ones before, recycled not in the good-for-the-earth-way but what-am-I-doing-with-this-pile-of-worthless-junk-way. It seemed more like an outline more than anything: I want this to happen here, that to happen there-and *SPOILER* I have no idea what I'm going to do with the ending, so I'll just make everybody dance into the sunset after a big tsunami where everybody in the world dies except for them and they are just all okie dokie with this. *SPOILER ENDED* 


What happened to the action and adventure in the first three Max books? Where is the sarcasm, the flights of survival, the whole "I'm a genetic mutant, and I'm running away from the scientists who locked me into dog crates and almost killed me" awesomesauce stuff? 


And the romance. Don't get me started on it. James Patterson has turned the once epic Maximum Ride into a love-torn, sappy heroine who has to decide between Lover A and Lover B, not even trying to pretend that she's supposed to save the world. If you'd intended to write a chick-flick, I would've rated this five stars. But you didn't. And I'm so disappointed.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Appropriate comments, don't reveal your private information, etc., etc.! You know the drill. Thanks. :)

The KAJA