CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (4)



Hello hello, and welcome to our fourth weekly Top Ten Tuesday blog post brought to you by... the Broke and the Bookish
Okay, now that the fanfare's over, let's see what the topic is this time:

Top Ten Favorite Books 
You've Read During The Lifespan Of Your Blog

ahhh... let me begin...

In no particular order:

1. Getting Over Garret Delaney by Abby McDonald
This book is everything a reverse- lovestory could ever hope to be.
“You can die of a broken heart -- it's scientific fact -- and my heart has been breaking since that very first day we met. I can feel it now, aching deep behind my rib cage the way it does every time we're together, beating a desperate rhythm: Love me. Love me. Love me.”
Abby McDonald
2. Break by
“Break a body, grow a better body. The worse you're hurt, the stronger you get.”
Hannah Moskowitz 

3. 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson 
This book is a realistic bittersweet fairytale, I was hooked.
“Go see old virgins! Now ask a strange boy out, you shy, Retarded thing!”
Maureen Johnson

4. Where the Truth Lies by Jessica Warman 
 This book goes deep into the characters life, secrets. By the end of reading this book you will have, laughed, cried and screamed. It's just one of those books you wished would last forever. 

5. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Jay Asher creates a thrilling novel that makes you think hard and long, about everything you've ever done. Wrong or right, it's a gut puncher. 
“A lot of you cared, just not enough.” 

“You don’t know what goes on in anyone’s life but your own. And when you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re not messing with just that part. Unfortunately, you can’t be that precise and selective. When you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re messing with their entire life. Everything. . . affects everything.”
Jay Asher

 6. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  
This book is a total thriller that keeps you looking behind your shoulder, weeks after finishing this book. But is also has that sweet undeniable attraction. It's fantastic.

“Why do you always look like you just rolled out of bed?'
'Because usually I have.' And the way he raised his eye-brow at me made me blush.
'Classy,' I said.”
Michelle Hodkin
 
 7. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

This book says so much, and helps you realize how big the world is, and how little you are.
It's inspirational, heartbreaking and just plain amazing. 

“What a slut time is. She screws everybody.”

 “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.”

“I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, then all at once.”

 “There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, or between 0 and a million. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. A writer we used to like taught us that. There are days, many of them, when I resent the size of my unbounded set. I want more numbers than I'm likely to get, and God, I want more numbers for Augustus Waters than he got. But, Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful.”
John Green

 8. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
 This is another book that makes you think about your choices and how dreadfully important they are. It's amazing, a book that could change your life.

“It amazes me how easy it is for things to change, how easy it is to start off down the same road you always take and wind up somewhere new. Just one false step, one pause, one detour, and you end up with new friends or a bad reputation or a boyfriend or a breakup. It's never occurred to me before; I've never been able to see it. And it makes me feel, weirdly, like maybe all of these different possibilities exist at the same time, like each moment we live has a thousand other moments layered underneath it that look different.”

 “I guess that's what saying good-bye is always like--like jumping off an edge. The worst part is making the choice to do it. Once you're in the air, there's nothing you can do but let go.”

  “Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrows, or three thousand, or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around it, let it slide like coins through you fingers. So much time you can waste it.
But for some of us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know.”
Lauren Oliver


9. Burned by Ellen Hopkins

 I literally read this book in one night, it haunted me. It was wonderfully predictable... or so I thought. The ending literally killed me, but  it helped me realize that everything can drastically change. All it takes is a moment.

 “Real love finds you once, if your lucky.”
Ellen Hopkins

10. It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini

 Read. This. Book.

 “People are screwed up in this world. I'd rather be with someone screwed up and open about it than somebody perfect and ready to explode.”

 “Things to do today:
1) Breathe in.
2) Breathe out.”

 “I can't eat and I can't sleep. I'm not doing well in terms of being a functional human, you know?”

“I didn't want to wake up. I was having a much better time asleep. And that's really sad. It was almost like a reverse nightmare, like when you wake up from a nightmare you're so relieved. I woke up into a nightmare.”
Ned Vizzini, It's Kind of a Funny Story
What are your FAVORITE books?
Why are they your favorites?
Tell us!



















1 comments:

Tanya Patrice

I didn't start out liking Before I Fall, but it definitely grew on me. A few more of the titles on your list are books I want to read, so I'm excited to see that you liked them.

Post a Comment

Appropriate comments, don't reveal your private information, etc., etc.! You know the drill. Thanks. :)

The KAJA