CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 24, 2012

In My Mailbox (15)


Hello hello, absolutely fabulous book bloggers! Today is Sunday, which means we get to talk about the wonderful book hauls we have this week! 

Palace of Stone (Princess Academy # 2) by Sharon Creech

(Bought) Coming down from the mountain to a new life in the city seems a thrill beyond imagining. When Miri and her friends from Mount Eskel set off to help the future princess Britta prepare for her royal wedding, she is happy about her chance to attend school in the capital city. There, Miri befriends students who seem so sophisticated and exciting... until she learns that they have some frightening plans. They think that Miri will help them, that she "should "help them. Soon Miri finds herself torn between loyalty to the princess and her new friends' ideas, between an old love and a new crush, and between her small mountain home and the bustling city. Picking up where "Princess Academy "left off, this incredible stand-alone story celebrates the joys of friendship, the delight of romance, and the fate of a beloved fairy tale kingdom. -GoodReads

Shadows (Ashes Trilogy #2) by Ilsa J. Bick

(Bought) The Apocalypse does not end. The Changed will grow in numbers. The Spared may not survive.

Even before the EMPs brought down the world, Alex was on the run from the demons of her past and the monster living in her head. After the world was gone, she believed Rule could be a sanctuary for her and those she’d come to love.
But she was wrong.

Now Alex is in the fight of her life against the adults, who would use her, the survivors, who don’t trust her, and the Changed, who would eat her alive.

Welcome to Shadows, the second book in the haunting apocalyptic Ashes Trilogy: where no one is safe and humans may be the worst of the monsters. -GoodReads

The Espressologist

The Espressologist by Kristina Springer

(Gifted) What’s your drink of choice? Is it a small pumpkin spice latte? Then you’re lots of fun and a bit sassy. Or a medium americano? You prefer simplicity in life. Or perhaps it’s a small decaf soy sugar-free hazelnut caffe latte? Some might call you a yuppie. Seventeen-year-old barista Jane Turner has this theory that you can tell a lot about a person by their regular coffee drink. She scribbles it all down in a notebook and calls it Espressology. So it’s not a totally crazy idea when Jane starts hooking up some of her friends based on their coffee orders. Like her best friend, Em, a medium hot chocolate, and Cam, a toffee nut latte. But when her boss, Derek, gets wind of Jane’s Espressology, he makes it an in-store holiday promotion, promising customers their perfect matches for the price of their favorite coffee. Things are going better than Derek could ever have hoped, so why is Jane so freaked out? Does it have anything to do with Em dating Cam? She’s the one who set them up! She should be happy for them, right?

With overtones of Jane Austen’s Emma and brimming with humor and heart, this sweet, frothy debut will be savored by readers. -GoodReads

Just a little note: I got this book for my birthday from Jade, best friend and reviewer extraordinaire. She left a little message on the title page: "I have read this book so many times I warn you- THERE IS CHEESE! And by cheese I mean cheese stick dipped in cheese melted, then fried and rolled in a cow made of cheese, FROM WISCONSON!" Love ya bunches, Jade!!!!! :D I will treasure this book dearly! 

So, what was in your mailbox this week? Let us know and leave a link-we love comments!


5 comments:

Blythe Harris

I've heard great things about Shadows, but I haven't read Ashes yet. I plan to, though, as I've heard even better things about that! I've also heard really good things about the Princess Academy series, though I'm not sure it's something I'd like. I hope you like your goodies this week! Great haul, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous

Espressology looks adorable! I love Jane Austen retellings. I definitely need to read Palace of Stone. I love Shannon Hale, and just finished Book of a Thousand Days. It was amazing!

Happy reading :)

brandileigh2003

I've heard a lot about Princess Academy. Hope you enjoy.
Happy reading and have a great week!
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Unknown

I've seen Ashes around, but I'm still not sure if I want to read it. Enjoy your new books!

Thanks for stopping by!

Micheline

Oh wow these look great! Though I've heard good things about Ashes, I wasn't aware of a sequel! The Princess Academy series sounds fun too :) Thanks for sharing, for stopping by my blog & the follow! New follower via GFC!

Post a Comment

Appropriate comments, don't reveal your private information, etc., etc.! You know the drill. Thanks. :)

The KAJA