CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 17, 2012

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Anna and the French Kiss 

Author: Stephanie Perkins
Pages: 372 Pages
Publisher: Dutton
Released: December 2nd 2010
Age Group: Young Adult (12-18)
Book Source: Received (?)
Award(s): Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Goodreads Author, Young Adult Fiction (2010)


      Anna. Living in Atlanta, eager for her crush to love her back,  ready to live up her senior year with her best friend. Much to her dismay she her father is shipping her off to boarding school. French boarding school, with its abundance of rich kids, who have known each other at least since freshman year. Yeah, Great. America was great but France, ugh. That was before Etienne St. Clair. St. Clair. Super Foxy, Super Sweet, Super Yummy, and most definitely Super Taken. Anna is also dedicated to her boy at home. But the chemistry is undeniable. Delicious. Sweet. Confusing. As the seasons change, so do Anna's feelings. After oh-so-many 'almosts' will she ever get the kiss she has been longing for? The kiss haunting her dreams? The kiss from the boy she CAN'T be in love with?


      Oh. Mah. Gawsh. I have no idea why I took so long to join the Anna parade. I have always read raving reviews of it but never had enough courage, (or just never felt like it) to pick it up. Oh boy, do I regret that. This book completed my life, for a day at least. It was like a Sarah Dessen novel with the obvious romance, without the obvious plot. This book always had me guessing.

     As for throughout reading this (AWESOME) novel, I was team Etienne all the way baby. All the freaking way... I would cheer him on and boo when it didn't work out. As for Anna, she was predictably unpredictable. She was a normal teenage girl with horrifying moodswings. You could never expect what was going to happen next. Anna would be a fun best friend, she was so independent. To be honest she was oblivious to the fact I wanted to punch her, several times in fact. But I love to feel the emotion with the characters, and this book was no exception. I absolutely loved it.

      Stephanie Perkins. She is an ideal novelist and creates such a cute world for her characters to live in- this book lives up to Paris's romance cliche. In my mind without a doubt she created the most perfect imperfect romance with a gorgeous city to host it!
If you haven't read Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Read it. Right. Now. A friendly word of advice, if there is a book everyone loves and you have not read it yet. Read it, most likely it is wonderful. People don't love books because they suck. They love books because they rock!

      However I ordered this book on amazon... and it was signed copy, and I treasure it greatly!


      Personally I believe this book deserves all the hype it got- and lived up to my great expectations. Personally I would love getting lost in Paris, France with a Foxy-Foxy boy. I quite frankly, wouldn't mind!!






“The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you.”

“Boys turns girls into such idiots.”

“I wish friends held hands more often, like the children I see on the streets sometimes. I'm not sure why we have to grow up and get embarrassed about it.”

“Why is it that the right people never wind up together? Why are people so afraid to leave a relationship, even if they know it's a bad one?”



Did you enjoy this review? Tell us!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Appropriate comments, don't reveal your private information, etc., etc.! You know the drill. Thanks. :)

The KAJA