CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (3)


Hello hello, and welcome to our third weekly Top Ten Tuesday blog post brought to you by... the Broke and the Bookish
Okay, now that the fanfare's over, let's see what the topic is this time: Romances That Would Make it In The Real World. Okay, here we go... (Many spoilers ahead, watch out!) 
















1. The winner for my favorite romance of ALL TIME would have to be Fire and Brigan from Kristin Cashore's Fire. Not only is it fantasy and quite steamy, but Brigan and Fire don't fall in love at first sight. They actually kind of hate each other. And that's the best part. Besides, in Bitterblue, you learn that they've been married for fifty something years. I'm pretty sure it'd work out in the real world (but maybe not... first, Fire would have to learn that she can't shoot arrows in public...)

              
2. Okay, okay, call me nostalgic, but I just loved loved loved Gail Carson Levine's The Two Princesses of Bamarre when I was eight. I still kind of love it. Couple name? Princess Addie and Rhyse the Sorcerer. Yes, may not be the easiest to mash up (Ahyse? Rhaddie?) But they were cute, come on! And Princess Addie still takes Rhyse's had in marriage even though he has ugly fat. Really, really ugly feet. With bunions, probably. That's the sign of a surviving relationship. 

3. Miri and Peder from Princess Academy by Shannon Hale. Though Miri is only fourteen when the story cuts off, Shannon Hale is coming out with the sequel next week. So watch out, Princess Academy fans! We'll get to see more of Peder, and hopefully they will stay together through their next trials and tribulations. 

4. Ron and Hermione? 'Nuff Said. 

5. I just realized that all these books above are fantasy, so to shake things up, let me introduce Brittany and Alex from Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles. Not only is it a beautiful twist on Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, but Elkeles tackles forbidden love really well-and at the end of the book, they get married! Happily ever afters are my favorites. 

6. Eragon and Arya from the Eragon Series by Christopher Paolini. Though I have no idea what happens at the end of Inheritance, I know they must end up together, or I might kill myself! 

7. Gabrielle Zevin's Elsewhere. This happy couple might have a hard time existing in the 'real world' because, well, they're dead. But Liz and Owen are still much alive in each other's hearts. 

8. Katniss and Peeta. You know what book I'm talking about. If you are one of those Katniss and Gale fans, I hate you! Just kidding. :) 

9. Anna and St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. St. Clair is French! What more could you want from a soul mate??

10. And I'll end off with a classic: Jane and Mr. Rochester from Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. In my opinion, so much better than Pride and Prejudice (but the movie version was great!). A weird Gothic little forbidden romance, but true love always wins out. 

So, what where your guy's Top Ten for this week? Hope you enjoyed, and let us know your thoughts!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Appropriate comments, don't reveal your private information, etc., etc.! You know the drill. Thanks. :)

The KAJA